We remain open to provide care for your pets. We are following the direction of government and regulatory authorities and have implemented hospital and visit protocols to keep both you and our team safe. For regular updates on our hours and visit protocols, please follow our social media platforms.
Welcome to North Hill Animal Hospital in Bolton, Ontario
North Hill Animal Hospital has been helping pets in the Bolton and surrounding area since 1986. The hospital, at that time, treated all types of animals from cats to cows and dogs to horses. In 1989 the practice shifted its attention to only dogs and cats with the occasional rabbit, mouse and gerbil. During the past 25 years, we have grown considerably and have had the distinct honour to help care for thousands of pets and their families.
North Hill Animal Hospital has been accredited by the American Animal Hospital Association (AAHA) since 2000. As an AAHA-accredited hospital, we are recognized among the finest in the industry and are consistently at the forefront of advanced veterinary medicine. Approximately 12-15% of veterinary hospitals throughout the U.S. and Canada are accredited by AAHA so you can rest assured that your four-legged family member is in good hands.
North Hill Animal Hospital is also a Cat Friendly Practice accredited at the Silver level. Our staff handle and treat cats with understanding, gentleness and respect, and make every effort to ensure your visit is as stress-free for you and your cat as possible. You and your feline family member will enjoy our separate cat entrance as well as our cat-only exam room that includes a cat pheromone diffuser to help cats feel comfortable and safe.
North Hill Animal Hospital has been voted favourite Veterinary Service in Caledon by the Bolton/Caledon community for the 6th year in a row.
At North Hill, we care deeply about your pet’s well-being.
To learn more about our hospital, please watch our video!
Due to the close contact that our work requires, we have taken additional measures to protect you and our team while providing care for your furry family members.
The following changes are effective as of Wednesday, March 18, 2020:
1. We are currently operating a “closed waiting room” policy to protect our clients and staff. When you arrive, please remain in your vehicle and use your cell phone to call us at 905-857-5057. We will take a history from outside of your vehicle, and bring your pet into the clinic for an examination with the veterinarian. We will then return to your vehicle with your pet to discuss our recommended treatment plan. If you do not have a cell phone please knock our door to let us know you have arrived and then return to your vehicle.
2. We are continuing to accept appointments for urgent or sick pets, as well as time-sensitive puppy/kitten vaccinations. All other services will be scheduled for a later time.
3. If you are ordering food or medications, please allow 3-5 business days as our suppliers are dealing with increased demand and are trying to fill orders as quickly as possible. We will advise you as soon as your order arrives. Please call us when you arrive to pick up your order, but do not enter the hospital. Our staff will bring your order to your car and take payment over the phone. You can also use our online store and have your food delivered directly to your home. To sign up for the online store, visit our website.
4. For the time being, we are not accepting cash as payment. Instead, we are taking payments over the phone.
5. Online consultations are now available! If you wish to connect with a veterinarian via message, phone or video, visit our website and follow the "Online Consultation" link.
Following the recommendations of our government and medical experts, we are doing our best to practice social distancing within the constraints of our roles. As such, we have taken measures to avoid both contracting and facilitating the spread of this virus.
Thank you for helping us be diligent for everyone's safety. As we have heard from all levels of government, the situation is fluid and any updates will be provided as changes occur.
- Your dedicated team at North Hill Animal Hospital